jlfernan

Well Known Member
I have a tendancy sometimes to sweat the really small stuff, which may be good cause it makes me careful. Here's another. While installing my Duckworks landing lights, I was drilling the holes for the nutplate in the second rib. I was using the supplied template and thought I was perfect, but the screw hole just caught the edge of the indentation in the rib which increases stiffness. I'm sure this isn't a problem, but hearing it from someone else will ease my mind.

P.S. Just because everyone's following me, doesn't mean I'm paranoid.

Jorge,

No worries. My light install was what you would call "not showplane quality" yet it has served me well for over 570 hrs.

B,
D

My wife says I'm obsessed cause I spend all my time either building or on this website, NAAHHH!! It's nice to see I'm not the only one. Thanks all for the quick response, hope I can return the favor.

Last edited:
There is nothing really WRONG with where the nutplates are now, but the DW mounting plate would have to be installed backwards in order to screw into them. The flanges face forward.

If I were you, I would remove the nutplates and install them again with the DW frame the other way.

...or you could do it this way...

Tomato, tomahto... potato, potahto...

Platenut... nutplate...

Ya know...

:eek: CJ

Bald tires

Yep, ranks right up there with bald tires.....don't change 'em 'til the cord shows! Kiddin'..........