RVTOY

Well Known Member
Need aluminum tube information on what strength designation of tubing and diameter. This is unusual set up and have a number of compound bends:confused:

If you are talking about the prop gov oil line. PLEASE DO NOT USE ALUMINUM!!! Please either stainless from the factory, available from many clone engine shops or a high pressure hose properly rated. Larry

AD

Aluminum was never used for this line due to the pressures involved. AD 90-04-06R1 called for replacement of aluminum engine fittings & B nuts on the stainless line with steel parts. A flexible oil line is a approved replacement. I have heard that the flexible line can cause prop surging.

Don Broussard

RV 9 rebuild in progress

N14DB reserved

I had surging issues, and had "heard" that a flex line could be the cause. I removed the line and replaced it with a proper stainless steel line with steel fittings. No change.
Subsequently found out that a properly installed and supported (Adel Clamps) flex line is approved and works well. Steel fittings, of course.

Hey Gil- I just want to say thanks for amplifying my post, and for all the great documentation you link to all the time here on the forum. You are the Master of Documentation!! Much appreciated, sir! :cool:

I took off my prop governor and stainless pre bent pipe from the factory IO 320 Lycoming. One hour on unit at lycoming factory. It was removed by a certified tech. The unit is in a box on the shelf.Be glad to sell the both together.

Ron 9a

I took off my prop governor and stainless pre bent pipe from the factory IO 320 Lycoming. One hour on unit at lycoming factory. It was removed by a certified tech. The unit is in a box on the shelf.Be glad to sell the both together.

Ron 9a

Ron,
Will those you have from the IO320 work on an IO360? If RVTOY passes PM me part #'s and what your asking for them. I'm building up an IO360MIB.

Hi Gil, you have offered me suggestions in the past and value your thoughts. Got a question, my new io 320 came with a prop governor and stainless tubing. I had that remove because I went with fixed pitch 3 blade. Looking to sell both items but don't know what's the two items are worth. Can you help me. Thanks Gil.

Ron in Oregon 9a

Hi Gil, you have offered me suggestions in the past and value your thoughts. Got a question, my new io 320 came with a prop governor and stainless tubing. I had that remove because I went with fixed pitch 3 blade. Looking to sell both items but don't know what's the two items are worth. Can you help me. Thanks Gil.

Ron in Oregon 9a

Can't help you on the governor, but the tube assy. is about $160 new for the 75166 version, which is probably the one on your IO-320 -

http://www.airpowerinc.com/productcart/pc/prodparts.asp?prodid=18542&catid=1&subcat=108

Discount accordingly.... :)