JordanGrant

Well Known Member
Does anybody know where I can get a 13" Aluminum Spinner for my Hartzell C/S? I used to have one of the George and Becki Orndoff spinners, but I can't find it for sale anymore on their website - do they still sell them?

Aluminum Spinner

Hi Jordan:

I called G & B a few months ago to purchase the same spinner. They no longer carry them. I decided to stay with the fiberglass spinner to save a few pounds on the nose.

You might try Aircraftspruce. They sell a variety of spinner kits.

-Mike Draper
RV-8 finish

Aluminum Spinner

I had one but started getting cracks after about 50 hours. I replaced it with a Van's fiberglass. Spinners with cracks can produce life threatening events. I liked the looks, but would not do it again.

I was just wondering the same thing about a pre-made spinner for the C/S prop. The only one I can find is the one Harztell sells, which is "only" about $1700 :eek:

Looks like I'll be using Van's spinner. Doesn't it seem like Van's, or Hartzell could provide a template for the blade cutout? All you'd need is enough to make the initial cutout, then you would have to trim the last little bit to fit. This would sure save a lot of head scratching, measuring, screwing up :rolleyes:

Rusty (should be ready to move to the airport by the end of the month)

G&B Spinner

I actually had the GeoBeck spinner installed for the first 40 hours, then it started cracking. If I had flown it another sortie, I think it would have disintegrated. It was really my fault, though, since I elected to not install the screws for the forward bulkhead. Very bad idea.

I e-mailed the Orndorffs and sure enough, they don't sell them anymore. I'm thinking about trying to find out who makes the ones in the Spruce catalog and trying to get them to make a 13" version. Actually, a 13 1/2" would match my cowl even better.

Who out there would be interested in one? Maybe if enough people want one, I can get some kind of deal on a batch of them.