alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Just started working on my air vents today. Got about an hour into them before I realized that the stock Van's plastic vents are not worth an hour of my time. (This coming from someone very conciously building on a budget! :eek: ) Thus, I'm thinking about springing for the $90 vents from SteinAir. They seem to be the best deal out there. http://www.steinair.com/eyeballvents.htm

I'm wondering whether two of the smaller 1-1/4" vents are sufficient for the side x side RVs or whether I'd need to use the larger 1-3/4" version. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Bigguns

Get the biggest that you can. Typically 1.25" I think. The Wemac style vents are worth their weight in looks alone.

I bought the larger ones from steinair for my 9A and they are beautiful. Steinair is also a great company to do business with.

ww2planes said:
Get the biggest that you can. Typically 1.25" I think. The Wemac style vents are worth their weight in looks alone.
Stein has 1.25" and 1.75". I'd really love to be able to get away with the smaller of the two if possible. I've seen a number of side x sides flying with small vents that look to be about 1.25" and not the larger Van's-size. To those for whom this is true: are the small ones keeping you cool enough?

Last edited:
Although I have the larger ones that Fabian sells and I love them(and definitely NOT $90 each, more IIRC)

I rode with DanC last month and I was surprised to see the smaller ones in his 7. and also surprised at how much air was coming out of them, or at least the one on my side.

(I hope I'm thinking of the right plane and not having a senior moment.)

I also have the smaller ones in our 182 and they blow enough air.

FWIW

7a flying 215hrs since Feb. '06

Last edited: