Remyswing

On this Sunday was held the French vintage aircrafts annual meeting of La Ferte Alais, in the south of Paris
For the first time, Aluminium Lady was invited to put her heel of this famous airfield on which was held one of the most famous meeting for Europeans, excepted Duxford in UK.
WW1 and WW2 aircrafts were flown together in an historical show who has begun with a flight of a Morane H replica, the one that crossed for the 1st time the Mediterranean Sea in 1913 piloted by Roland Garros
Other Moranes,Spad, Stampe, Corsair, JU 52 and fighters were part of this big enthousiasts show, made of more than 50 aircrafts in flight
As an Inspector fot the French Aviation Civile, I am pride to tell you that my last 3 weeks job has been to re-issue ARC's ( Airworthiness Renewal Certificates ) for a few of them, which are part of one of the famous flying museum of Europe
I will remember this day for a long time, as I have wait 30 yrs to be a part of this
See them on : https://picasaweb.google.com/100407...authkey=Gv1sRgCKDRjf6307HU0QE&feat=directlink

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great Pictures on the Link! I think there was a P-47 jug in there. My Uncle flew them in the pacific before moving up to P-51's. I just discovered a picture of him standing in front of one from 1942.

Hopefully, they did some flyby's, sounds must have be wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
Most of these aircrafts are French registered under national regulation relative to vintage aircrafts, except of course the Red Bull ones
All Yaks are French, 2 yak 3, Yak 11
JU52 are French and Swiss

I did not make picture of the aerial show, as I wanted to appreciate it entirely, but you could see a French Postal B737 flying beside the DC3, in an historic show about French postal lines, and an impressive pass of 6 French Aeronavale A/C: ( 2 Rafale, 2 Etendard, 1 hawk eye, and a vintage Morane Paris) and of course La Patrouille de France

SPAD!

Remy:

Thank you very much. The SPAD (Soci?t? Pour L'Aviation et ses D?riv?s ) was a favorite; I recognized it immediately from the many Great War airplane models I built when I was a child. I still have yet to see a flying SPAD; today was the first time I have seen a photograph of one that currently flies, and it was a beautiful example.

Merci beaucoup, vraiment