Steve A

Well Known Member
I looked at the B and C alternator and Van's 60 amp alternator. The Van's alternator is much cheaper but I was wondering if it installs easily? I have heard a lot about B and C's and wondered if it was worth the difference in price. Is
60 amps enough with a Blue Mountain Sport and Dynon D100, SL 30, Grand Rapids EIS, night strobes and running lights?

Thanks in advance.

S S Anderson

While building, I tried 3 different alternators before I found one that fit. By fit, I mean room for the governor line and inside the cowl clearance without modification. The one that fit my RV-6 was the B&C. Yes it is the 60 Amp B&C unit and it is CASE MOUNT on my narrow deck engine.

I now have 11-years 2,159.6 hobbs hours on the airplane and B&C alternator.

I have the B&C 60A also and it fits well with c/s oil line. You do ask a good question though; " is it enough". I'd suggest you do a thorough load analysis on your system with loads for every electrical component for all flight regimes in which you intend to operate the aircraft. That's the best way to determin if it's enough.

eci engine

I put my ECI engine together with a lot of help from Magnum engines, FWA,
Gene Sabota is a great guy

who can help with info in what is next please help me with the wiring etc of dual lightspeed ignition
thanks

Try Plane Power

I Like the Alt, plus the mounting is first class. I zapped the voltage regulator, my fault, and they repaired the unit the same day it arrived. There was no charge! I told them it was my fault and they still repaired the unit under warranty. Great product and great customer service.
Mattituck IO 360.

Good luck.
David