I have a Van's 60A alternator installed on my Aerosport O-360-A1A and there is a misalignment between the two pulleys. Van's instructions say that the holes in the VA-151-2 boss mount base bracket can be elongated to shift the alternator forward or aft, but it does not say how much misalignment is acceptable. On my installation the alternator needs to move aft about 1/8 inch.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have no problem with slotting those bracket holes, but if it's OK as-is, then I would prefer to just move on.

Thanks.

I have a Van's 60A alternator installed on my Aerosport O-360-A1A and there is a misalignment between the two pulleys. Van's instructions say that the holes in the VA-151-2 boss mount base bracket can be elongated to shift the alternator forward or aft, but it does not say how much misalignment is acceptable. On my installation the alternator needs to move aft about 1/8 inch.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have no problem with slotting those bracket holes, but if it's OK as-is, then I would prefer to just move on.

Thanks.

For good belt life, they should be aligned as closely as possible.