Skot7ac

Hi all, getting close to installing the prop and would like to replace the alternator belt. Can anyone point me to the correct part number? O-360 with a standard alternator pulley.

Thank you,

Scott

Someone (here I believe) uses a make your own length belt that you don't need to take the prop off to change the belt............

The Dayco 15355 V-Belt or Gates 7355XL V-Belt will fit the 9 3/4" diameter ring gear support pulley. On my previous RV-8 I found that the Gates 7360 V-belt (which some recommend) was a smidge too long and allowed the alternator pulley to rub on the lower cowl. The Dayco 15355 V-Belt worked fine.

YMMV!

I use the Dayco 15360 V-belt. The last 3 digits are it’s length so mine is 36.0” long. I bought a 15365 but was a tad to long.

Length will be dependent on which alternator mounting bracket you have. when I had the original bracket that came on my Aerosport Power IO-360-B1B I used the 36.5”. When that bracket cracked I changed to the alternator bracket Van sells and I now only use a 36.0” or I get rubbing on my cowl.