JimMac

Can someone point me to some information about the alternative wing light wiring connector that is supposedly available from Van's. I've been looking and searching in the forum but can't seem to find anything.
Thanks

Jim, if by alternative light connector kit you are referring to the upgrade from the original RV-12 wing electrical connector ? the page in the RV-12 plans that show the new connectors and wing rib attachment is 16-04 Rev1.

The part numbers for the new blue floating connectors are ES-00077 (female) and ES-00078 (male) and they attach onto the wing?s inboard nose rib using two standoffs part number ES-00081 (two per connector). The screws are MS35206-215 (two per connector) and washer NAS1149FN416P (two per connector).

The floating connector pins are all the same ? part number ES-00079 (16-12 AWG) one per each wire to be connected onto each of the connectors.

Hope this helps you.

Happy building,

Thanks John,
I did not have the construction manual pages you mentioned showing the upgraded connector. I guess I ordered my wing kit just before Van came out with this upgrade. But I did find the connector kit on Van's site and ordered it yesterday. I guess he will send me the appropriate pages I need to install it. I have already finished my wings with the original connection setup - I assume I will be able to retro-fit it with no problem.
Thanks again for your response,
JimMac

All revised plans pages are downloadable at Vans. Retrofit is no problem except for new wires to the wingtips you have to run if you have lights. Hope you left a string!