Tell me more about this actuator. what model? do you have a drawing for the weldment mods, or are you selling this set up? Details, details.

Thanks

Last edited:
Tell me more about this actuator. what model? do you have a drawing for the weldment mods, or are you selling this set up? Details, details.

Thanks

I used the A6104T 4" stroke. Source AEI Components. No drawings. The mod on the weldment is fabricated from 4130 .063 steel. The upper support rail is fabricated from 2 pcs of 3/4" X 3/4" .063 angle and .063 plate. Fabricated to fit between bulk head 6 & 7 then bolted in place

Last edited:
but the van's version is completely under the floorboard, how is this version an improvement of that?

How is the speed of actuation, compared to the standard motor? Is it faster? I like that I can raise the flaps quickly after touchdown with my manual flap lever if i'm flying in gusty conditions. I wonder if it would work well in an RV-6?

How is the speed of actuation, compared to the standard motor? Is it faster? I like that I can raise the flaps quickly after touchdown with my manual flap lever if i'm flying in gusty conditions. I wonder if it would work well in an RV-6?

Nothing is as fast as manual flaps.

We used that same accuator on our RV-3, and I have really been impressed with it so far. And yes - it's prety quick! Of course, by using the right lever arms, you can make the flap speed whatever you want.

Paul