Mich48041

Well Known Member
Friend
Jan Eggenfellner is promoting his Honda Fit conversion for use in several small airplanes including the RV-12.
http://www.eggenfellneraircraft.com/Honda/Honda.html
Below is a copy of a recent email that was forwarded to me.
Joe

It is Saturday and the last evening of Sun N Fun 2010. Interest in the Viking HF-110, at the $9,400 show price has been phenomenal with two OEM contracts and plenty of individuals securing an engine for October delivery. Rather than an alternative engine, the Viking is on its way to become the engine of choice for a variety of airplanes. We are now far into the test phase and have started the production process of Viking parts. At Oshkosh, the engine will be shown with all production parts in place, and with over 200 hrs of flight time logged.

The Viking HF-110 is unique in that it is built around a very sound engine, it has an engine core that can be replaced for $1000, has a dampened and sturdy gear drive (The replacement cost of the gear set is currently $550), has a redundant ECU system and can be mounted in the CH-650, 750, 701, RV-12 and many other airplanes.

Thank you to all that have supported us so far.

Jan

Rotax comparison

I notice they compared it against the Rotax 912, but it should probably be compared against the 914, which has similar horsepower. I'm pleased to see new and cheaper engines being introduced, but with only 200 hours of flight time so far, I wouldn't be lining up to buy one just yet. The cost of a Rotax may be highway robbery, but at least you can be fairly confident it will work.

Last edited:
the 914 has a turbo.

also, while the Honda may indeed become a decent replacement. BE CAREFUL sipping the koolaid served by others