So i guess the next question would be what is the normal operational temperature range that our aircraft are subject to? I like the clear one but am concerned and would like to hear from anyone that has any additional info.

Matco also has a reservoir made of acrylic. That's a nice benefit, being able to visually inspect the fluid level. But I'd be concerned with the very low melting point of acrylic (160 degC / 320 degF).

Note that a plastic battery lives right by there....I bet its fine

Here is the reservoir I installed on my -6A

FP14042012A0004T.jpg

http://www.scottshotrods.com/RemoteReservoir.asp

Last edited:
I chose to put the smaller reservoirs on each master cylinder, from acs, less tubing to run and now each brake system is independent of each other. Not finished yet but that's the route I chose. Just a thought.

Bird

Did the same ACS individual resevoir mod

It saves a several feet of plumbing this way, separates each of the systems, and allows you to service the system without removing the cowling. Before I did this mod, I was always chasing down leaks which were found to be with the factory tubing from the resevoir to each master cyl- I haven't had an issue since. It looks clean and is pretty cheap as well. Having a see through resevoir doesn't do anything for me unless you have an easy way to view it. That being said, having some sighting gage on the individual reseviors would be nice as well.

Reconsidering my post- on my -8 the factory resevoir was mounted on the left (pilot's) side of the aircraft and thus nut accessible or viewable through the oil access door. It looks like the pics I've been seeing are on the R side and both viewable and accessible through the oil access door. Nix 2 of my reasons...