Mounts or Mounts?

anyone know of source for engine mounts other than Van's?

We seem to have a semantics problem here. Are you talking about the welded tube mount that bolts to the firewall or the rubber "engine vibration mounts" as Van's calls them? The rubber mounts are available from a number of sources, try Aircraft Spruce for a start, but be careful that you know what you are looking for, conical or dynafocal and the engine/airframe combination.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Oh why ya not say so

Not talking about engine vibration isolators.

I'm talking about the steel tube engine mount.

Why did you not say so. :D Short answer is NO.

There are people that make mounts for Rotary, V6's and Subaru engines but not an alternate manufacuter of Lyc RV steel firewall mounts I know of.

Can I ask why? Van's is about as cheap as it gets and makes good stuff. Do you think it needs improving?

Cheers and welcome aboard, I see you are new to the group. George

Incidentally,

.....a friend is swapping out his 4 cyl subie for a new Lycoming and had to buy a new motor mount AND gear legs since they're drilled as a unit for his -7. If you want to use the old legs, I found out, you can send them back to Van's to match drill the holes in the new mount. It also depends on the year of gear leg manufacture, whether they have numbers or letters stamped on top.

Regards,

Kosola

anyone know of source for engine mounts other than Van's?

Try http://www.kosola.com/main.htm
On the right of the page, see Products, select engine Mounts and Parts, then Homebuilt. They don't mention Van's explicitely, but I'm sure they can help.

Very good service, good prices, nice to work with. I had them rebuild an engine mount for a Cessna and send it to France, they made it easy and saved us difficult times trying to get the same service here.

Hope this helps