Kahuna

Moderatoring
I have managed to break off the fitting for the standard pickup location. I have cleaned the hole and retapped. But frankly the NPT fitting will have to go much deeper into the hole than Id like given the 45 degree angle fitting getting near the case when seated.

So without getting too far into the weeds with the how I got here..... Id preferr to cap that hole and pickup another location. Is there one?

I have a remote airwolf and that would be easy cheesy to get a sensor to, but they say that the pump pressure is not a good place. What is a good place? Vac pad? That plate would be easy too as I have the inverted oil plate there.

IO-540 c4b5.

theres no

pressure at the Vac port. Go to the other side of the accessory case above the left magneto. Or, you can go to the front of the right case half and pull O/P there. If you do, realize that the pressure will read roughly 8-10 PSI less at the front vs. the rear. JMT

Allen

Allen,
Perfect. The plug above the left mag I think will work great.
Ill try that location.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have managed to break off the fitting for the standard pickup location. I have cleaned the hole and retapped. But frankly the NPT fitting will have to go much deeper into the hole than Id like given the 45 degree angle fitting getting near the case when seated.

So without getting too far into the weeds with the how I got here..... Id preferr to cap that hole and pickup another location. Is there one?

I have a remote airwolf and that would be easy cheesy to get a sensor to, but they say that the pump pressure is not a good place. What is a good place? Vac pad? That plate would be easy too as I have the inverted oil plate there.

IO-540 c4b5.

Mike,
You could use either of the two plugged ports on the front of the crankcases (in line with the lifter oil galleys). These would also give you a more realistic idea of what the pressure "mid stream" was in the system. The original port is very near the oil pump, so tends towards "max" system pressure. Install a steel 90 degree fitting (AN824??), run a steel line to a bulkhead connector at the rear engine baffle. Be sure to secure the steel line with Adel clamps about every foot. Install a fire sleeved flex hose from the bulkhead connector to your firewall mounted oil pressure transducer.
Charlie Kuss

Allen,
Perfect. The plug above the left mag I think will work great.
Ill try that location.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Reporting back,
I did move the pressure sensor to the left side port as suggested.
Pressure is solid but 35psi higher than the right side was.
Best

Why in this location does oil pressure slowly over 6 seconds drop to zero while inverted. Raven/Christen system.
At zero, hold inverted for ~ 5 seconds and there is no change, then go upright and pressure returns.
No change in c/s prop rpm.
Im baffled.
:confused: