herve-RV7

Hi all,

I have just installed a semi-used O320 on my 7A. As many, I installed the engine before installing the oil fitings, so now it is a real pain :mad:
The fiting in place on the normal oil pressure port is an AN823 3D, i.e. smaller than the one needed, and without restrictor. This fitting is seriously bonded, and I fear to destroy it when removing it. I would prefer to just install a plug on this fitting and use another port for the oil pressure.
I have a port located on the bottom of my 90? oil filter bracket.
Can I use this port ? In not, is there another port I could use ?
Thanks in advance for your comments

You could use that port.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Dear Mahlon,
Thanks for your reppy. Do you know if this port is before or after the oil filter in the ydraulic scheme ? Should I expect some pressure drop compared with nominal figures from Lycomong ? Thanks in advance for your comments.

That port is before the filter. The standard port is after the filter.
Good luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

You peaked my interest about how much pressure drop one might see across the filter. I ran an engine today to see. The low rpm drop across the filter was about 12 psi up to 1800 rpm and as you went to full power from their, it gradually increased to 20 psi at full rpm. So if you are going to use the port we discussed, you should expect to see oil pressures at the high end of the limits or just out of them, for all phases of flight.
Good Luck,
Mahlon