JonJay

Well Known Member
Does removal of Auto Pilot Servo's require putting the aircraft back into Phase I or II?

Thanks Mel...a few more questions.

Normally any alteration to the control system will require a new 5 hr. phase I.

I have made my log entry showing the alterations to the airframe, should I note also that it is back in phase I and again when the 5 hours have been flown off?(I am a bit confused on flight hours vs hobbs in regard to what is required. I assume flight hours, yet I log hobbs in the airframe log. Perhaps I am overthinking this.)

I calculated my weight and balance based on my old cg (other post), before I flew, but I assume a complete new WB would be appropriate so I have my corrected cg?

I have made my log entry showing the alterations to the airframe, should I note also that it is back in phase I and again when the 5 hours have been flown off?(I am a bit confused on flight hours vs hobbs in regard to what is required. I assume flight hours, yet I log hobbs in the airframe log. Perhaps I am overthinking this.)

I calculated my weight and balance based on my old cg (other post), before I flew, but I assume a complete new WB would be appropriate so I have my corrected cg?

You might want to contact your FSDO and see if they need a letter in your file for the change. We had to send one when we removed our supercharger that we had never used. You will have to redo the weight and balance.

I have made my log entry showing the alterations to the airframe, should I note also that it is back in phase I and again when the 5 hours have been flown off?

The exact procedure should be spelled out in your operating limitations. Yes, you will need to place the aircraft back into phase I with a logbook entry. When you have completed testing, you will use the same sign-off that you used to end your original phase I.

Thanks again Mel

The exact procedure should be spelled out in your operating limitations. Yes, you will need to place the aircraft back into phase I with a logbook entry. When you have completed testing, you will use the same sign-off that you used to end your original phase I.

I will review them and procede accordingly.