Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
I have started the HS SB and so far all is progressing well, any luck we'll prime the new pieces today and get the new holes all located.
So far i have been able to snap off all but one skin rivet and then punching them out with the spring loaded center punch method even has worked on all the AN 470-4 rivets.

I'll post some pictures when I get this done. About 12 hours so far.
Jack

Thats good time. I'll post my time of 15 hours so far to get drilled out, and match drilled plates. I am guessing it will be a 25-30 Hr job for this SB for me. I dont know where they came up with the ( only a few hrs to do the SB )

Thats good time. I'll post my time of 15 hours so far to get drilled out, and match drilled plates. I am guessing it will be a 25-30 Hr job for this SB for me. I dont know where they came up with the ( only a few hrs to do the SB )

Bret, I guess you missed my post saying that the person had been misquoted.

I previously posted an estimate of about 10 hrs (serious work, not watching football and drinking beer while in the shop ;)). That is for doing the mod to the stabilizer... doesn't include removing reinstalling it.

In all fairness, no one can correctly estimate how much time someone else will take to do something. It is very possible that after a lot of people have completed it, we will find that the average is well below the time you expect to take (not meant to be a put down, just a statement of fact), or way over my estimate.

Point is, that just because you are expecting to be way over even my(what I consider to be a somewhat accurate) estimate, it doesn't mean everyone else will. We will have to wait and see.

Bret, I guess you missed my post saying that the person had been misquoted.

I previously posted an estimate of about 10 hrs (serious work, not watching football and drinking beer while in the shop ;)). That is for doing the mod to the stabilizer... doesn't include removing reinstalling it.

In all fairness, no one can correctly estimate how much time someone else will take to do something. It is very possible that after a lot of people have completed it, we will find that the average is well below the time you expect to take (not meant to be a put down, just a statement of fact), or way over my estimate.

Point is, that just because you are expecting to be way over even my(what I consider to be a somewhat accurate) estimate, it doesn't mean everyone else will. We will have to wait and see.

Wait... Are you saying you are not sapose to have BEER in the airplane factory? OK, Guess I should buy a new emp kit and start over, I totally messed this kit up! :D

Wait... Are you saying you are not sapose to have BEER in the airplane factory? OK, Guess I should buy a new emp kit and start over, I totally messed this kit up! :D

So maybe our hunch is correct...
We have always suspected there were other underlying factors to explain why cracks have been discovered in only certain airplanes...

It may very well be whether beer was consumed during construction?
(I wonder if that will Doug's front page headline Monday morning?)

Bret,
Since the plane was painted partly together, i had to get the paint off the spar and used Steward system paint removal, now I have the center section primed along with the reinforcements and have matched drilled the plated to the HS 410 ans HS 405
Will having the tail off I have decided to do the V/S mod that AntiSLOT has and I primed those also. I PRE KOTE all the pieces prior to painting.

Should be riveting after an EAA breakfast today.
Jack