miyu1975

Well Known Member
I am weeks away from moving my project from my garage to a hangar and had questions on transporting it. I had thought I had found a friend in town with a flatbed trailer that would fit but it isn't quite wide enough. So...what has been used in the past for such task. My plan B is hire a tow truck company with a flatbed, but I was hoping to save that $200. Thanks all

I've moved quite a number of RVs to the airport on a flat bed trailer as you describe. Simply build a fixture with 2X4s to "cradle" the main gear and tie everything down securely.

They rent equipment trailers at Sun Belt for $43/day. Wooden floors so you can screw down straps and such. The bed even tilts so you can winch the fuselage up onto the trailer. Just go slow and avoid the more narrow roads and you should be okay.

plain ol' car trailer worked for me.

RV-7build967.jpg

Ryan, this worked for me. Only had a few miles to go, and with a chase car keeping any tailgaters at bay, it worked great. Cost me one really large bolt, washer and nut ...

MovingDay1.jpg

very exciting

Good luck on your move! It is an exciting benchmark! I still don't know what to do with my 'empty' garage!

Thanks all...good feedback as usual. I did find a local tool rental that has the size I'll need and for about 45.00$... Not sure what I am going to do with an empty garage soon. :rolleyes:

Thanks all...
Not sure what I am going to do with an empty garage soon. :rolleyes:
I bought some Pitts S1C plans that I thought would help fill my workshop. The only problem is that the day they arrived my wife told me she was pregnant. So... If you want the plans, I'll make you a deal. Just be forewarned that your wife might have some news for you the day they arrive.