Gregmarlow

Well Known Member
It's almost moving day for me, and I have some questions. Mainly, keeping in mind that my airport is about 15-18 miles away, and 55mph is the speed limit on the main road there, can I transport my plane to the airport with the prop on? Any drawbacks to that? If so, should I secure the prop from rotating? Would it rotate? I haven't mounted the prop yet anyway, but I'd like to.

Thanks,

It shouldn't rotate unless you don't have the plugs in. However, it does stick out nicely and would just seem to be a magnet to getting dings. I'd advise patience; wait and put it on at the hangar. One less thing to worry about on the move ...

RE:Big Move

It's almost moving day for me, and I have some questions. Mainly, keeping in mind that my airport is about 15-18 miles away, and 55mph is the speed limit on the main road there, can I transport my plane to the airport with the prop on? Any drawbacks to that? If so, should I secure the prop from rotating? Would it rotate? I haven't mounted the prop yet anyway, but I'd like to.

Thanks,

Moved mine last month......prop didn't move at all..........55 mph plus and had to travel 18 miles!!!!!

Frank @ 1L8 ....RV7A... @ the airport NDY (Not Done Yet)

Thanks,

Greg, I have moved mine 3 times:eek: with the prop on with no issues. One move was on the interstate for about 200 miles...........