NYTOM

Well Known Member
Turbo made an appearance today at our EAA 146 pancake fly-in at the beautiful grass strip Kline Kill airport (NY1) near Hudson NY. Working at the the back of the hanger preparing eggs I looked up and none other than Eddie himself was enjoying one of our delicious breakfast servings. I wanted to clean up and introduce myself but had all I could do to keep up with our two egg cooks a cooking. Don't know whether everyone followed Turbo in but it was our biggest fly-in ever with over a hundred planes and one helicopter. ( guess who's)
You haven't worked a fly-in until you've beaten 72 dozen eggs in 3 1/2 hours by hand. Arm still hurts. About 500 served.
Thanks for stopping in Turbo. When I get my plane flying I know we'll cross paths again and I'll formally introduce myself. I was good to see you.:)

kim just said, the hard work payed off and we enjoyed every morsel! :p

yes you guys and girls did a wonderful job. the food was excellent. i counted over a dozen RVs. give me a shout next time, ill help beat up a few eggs. :)

we will be back to visit your great airport. a grass runway to be added to the list.

Tom,

I fly out of SWF where in the NY area are you?
Hi Jim
Were about 70 miles north of Fishkill. It's 25 miles off the Albany 175 degree radial.
It's identifier is NY1. We have about 4000 ft. of well maintained grass. No fuel but there's fuel at Columbia County or South Albany, a short hop away.
We're having another pancake fly-in on September 13th. Hopefully we'll have another perfect flying day.
Check out web page at eaa146.org