Ron B.

Well Known Member
About two years ago, a local pilot landed at my grass strip in his RV-4. I told him I had never flown in an RV or a low wing for that matter. He was running low on fuel for his return trip, running late for dinner, and the weather was closing in on my strip. But hop in for a quick hop around the patch. That was all that it took and in Feb. 08 I ordered the emp. kit.
Yesterday he was back and I got my first real ride. WOW. I had never felt the acceleration, even when the wheels leave the ground. I've only flown 172's ,150's , R22, Rotorway Exec, and my amph. Super Cub. Nothing here to compare to this RV. With the Super Cub I find that turbulence bounces me around and with the RV-4 I found very little. In moderate turbulance my Super Cub is like driving 4X4 off road, and the RV-4 in the same conditions would be that same 4X4 on a dirt road.
Can't wait to get the RV-10 painted and buttoned up to try her out. I did fly from the back seat , and was offered the front seat but declined. I intend to get formal instruction in a RV-10, probably with one of the places recommended here after painting is complete.
How far in advance does one need to book a spot with one of the training schools listed on here?
Ron