Hello to all. I just wanted to post a note on having installed the Almost a 14 seat mod from Antisplat. Finished it yesterday and all I can say is it made a huge difference for me!!
I'm 6-2 and about 270. I needed all the help I could get.
Just plain more comfortable for me.

Time?

Rusty, interested in actual time invested, from gathering tools and opening up the hangar, to pushing the throttle forward!

thanks!

I have this mod too, and would never go back to the stock setup. I'm 6'3" with very long arms and legs and this mod makes a huge difference not only in comfort but in my ability to move the stick freely, particularly with regard to full up elevator and full left aileron, which were very difficult for me before.

Sorry I can't comment too accurately on time to do the work; I had my tame moonlighting mechanic do the job for me. It definitely isn't a huge job though.

As far as actual time to remove the old set up, and install the seat mod, was actually about 8 hours. Removing the old rivets and getting the old stuff out seems to take the most of the time. It was myself and my A & P.... Honestly I don't see any way it could be done in a couple hours. I feel like if I had to do it again, you might get it down to 5 or 6 hours. I know Allan says a couple hours in the video? I will say it was well worth the time, excellent mod.

Last edited:
Seat Mod

I am waiting for UPS at this moment to deliver mine ! I will be installing it ASAP ! :D. I have a RV-6 , so I expect it to take some time , this kit is not prepunched. IT'S HERE !!!! :D . Yay ! . I'll let you know how many Hrs . To install when done .

I agree with Rusty

As far as actual time to remove the old set up, and install the seat mod, was actually about 8 hours. Removing the old rivets and getting the old stuff out seems to take the most of the time. It was myself and my A & P.... Honestly I don't see any way it could be done in a couple hours. I feel like if I had to do it again, you might get it down to 5 or 6 hours. I know Allan says a couple hours in the video? I will say it was well worth the time, excellent mod.

I am not an A/P , but am a auto body collision repairman with similar experience and having the nessary tools ," Flat Blade Chisel" and such would Not do this Job on an RV-6 for 2.0 Hrs. Pay . In fact I wouldn't Do it for 4.5 Hrs . To break even I would say a min. Of 6.0 Hrs. But would like 8.0 hrs Best ! 😉. Did I mention I hate Drilling Stainless Steel Yet !
That being said , I did not expect to do it in 2.0 hrs. And I really like the Mod ! It is worth the 8.0 Hrs., LOL , I agree with Rusty !