jlfernan

Well Known Member
I think I would rather use allen head bolts instead of the hex head bolts on my fuel selector plate. I can't seem to find any. The bolt specifed in the plans is an AN4-12A. Any suggestions on a substitute?

Socket Head Cap Screws

Check our site tomorrow, its down till the morning. :(

www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com

We have the Socket Head Cap Screws as fully threaded in the 1&1/4 length.

We also have Internal wrenching bolts ( MS20004-??) that look more like the AN bolts with the exception of the head style.

On the left menu, go to Bolts, and look in the sub categories.

The little wrench's (TECH INFO) will bring up the tech pages to help you select the alternate parts you would feel best meets your needs.

The Text for Internal Wrenching Bolts and the Socket Head Cap Screws. will show should what is typically available from our inventory.

If you still need help PM me you message and you e-mail address and I will help you from there. :)

Check Home and Aviation Depot

On my Andair valve, I used some stainless button head socket screws found at Home Depot's aviation isle (fastener section). They look pretty good and are a low profile. You might be able to see them in this pic (sorry best one I have)

p1010115.jpg

That does look good!

Scott Will said:
On my Andair valve, I used some stainless button head socket screws found at Home Depot's aviation isle (fastener section). They look pretty good and are a low profile. (sorry best one I have)

I like the looks for the Button head cap screws on the valve installation, I will probably do that when I get to mine.

Perfect example of a commercial product being better suited than a certified one.(for this application) The only thing I would do different is put a thin coated aluminum washer under the head.

NAS1149D0416J or NAS1149D0416K

Stainless Steel and Aluminum have a bad relationship, and always if something goes wrong its the Aluminum that suffers.

Its best to have a 2 cent washer go south years later than a portion of structure.

Most do not realize that corrosion is common around a fuel valve.

Chilled fuel going through it, warm cabin, and you have a very small amount of condensation on panel that the fuel valve is is mounted to. I have noticed corrosion on the floors (right around the valve area) of many certified aircraft after yanking the carpet out for routine inspections. :eek:

Finally! I used stainless allen head screws from McMaster Carr which I painted to match the plate. Had to buy a box of 25, so if anybody needs some, drop me a line and I'll send them to you.