William

Well Known Member
I've contacted my local fsdo office here in Tampa and they informed me they are not the ones who inspect for airworthiness and I needed to hire a DAR. Any guidance on how to approach this?

Thanks
Bill

Try the MIDO.

Technically, MIDOs are responsible for all "original" airworthiness inspections.

In the past, they have generally allowed FSDOs to do experimental aircraft, but within the last few years, some MIDOs have withdrawn this procedure.

Many of them are overloaded now days and refer applicants to DARs.

You could point out that your tax dollars have already paid them to do the inspection. 'Course if you do, they'll probably tell you that they will be out to do it two weeks from the next 6th Tuesday.

Maybe ask them who in their department pays the DAR, since you really have already paid them to do the inspection.

Just sayin'....

Charlie

I think this is common practice now. The cost of the DAR is on you ($500 here) instead of the FAA having to carry an employee to get us in the air.

The cost of the DAR is on you ($500 here) instead of the FAA having to carry an employee to get us in the air.

Wow! Guess we're pretty lucky here in SE Wisconsin. The Milwaukee FSDO was great to work with on this. And the best part, FREE!

William,

If you find one and have a positive experience, please let me know the name and number, I would like to start to establish a relationship with one soon. Thanks

Matt

Technically, MIDOs are responsible for all "original" airworthiness inspections.

In the past, they have generally allowed FSDOs to do experimental aircraft, but within the last few years, some MIDOs have withdrawn this procedure.

Many of them are overloaded now days and refer applicants to DARs.

Thanks Mel I will look into MIDO.

Bill

You could point out that your tax dollars have already paid them to do the inspection. 'Course if you do, they'll probably tell you that they will be out to do it two weeks from the next 6th Tuesday.

Maybe ask them who in their department pays the DAR, since you really have already paid them to do the inspection.

Just sayin'....

Charlie

My thoughts exactly.

Bill

There is a DAR not too far from there that I work with and he's very good to work with. Contact me offline if you want his contact info.