dustman

Well Known Member
I misplaced my cert don't ask. I have the original on a disk from the FAA can I just print it and use it or do I have to make a request to the FAA? Thanks

I would call the local FSDO and see what they want you to do.

If they ask you are not flying it. ;)

You need to request a replacement certificate from the FAA.

Any FSDO or DAR with function codes 46 and 33 can issue.

All certificates must have "original" signatures.
No "copies" are allowed.

Good Luck...Had a neighbor whose AW certificate blew out of the cockpit of his Pietenpol. Even though he had an FAA signature in his logbook proving it was inspected, the signer had retired and they gave him paperwork from scratch wanting another 40 hours flown off locally,(it had over 300 hours on it).
Thankfully I got to fly off most of those hours for him. Hopefully since yours was issued by a DAR it will be easier.

Good Luck...Had a neighbor whose AW certificate blew out of the cockpit of his Pietenpol. Even though he had an FAA signature in his logbook proving it was inspected, the signer had retired and they gave him paperwork from scratch wanting another 40 hours flown off locally,(it had over 300 hours on it).
Thankfully I got to fly off most of those hours for him. Hopefully since yours was issued by a DAR it will be easier.

Sounds like whoever did the initial inspection never filed the paperwork with Oklahoma City Registry. The Registry has copies of all the paperwork including the Special Airworthiness Certificate. All DARs and FAA Inspectors have access to the Registry database and can check to verify that it had previously been issued. Yes stuff does get placed in the wrong file occasionally. I know of one single engine AB airplane that had its paperwork filed with a twin and that does create a nightmare of additional paperwork to get it correct.