JordanGrant

Well Known Member
I recently received a letter from Boulder City airport that said their major source of 100LL was a refinery in Salt Lake, and that refiner has decided not to make it anymore. Future Avgas will be trucked in from much farther, I think it was Michigan, and therefore we can expect to see even higher prices on 100LL at the pump. I've also recently heard about a company called Airworthy Autogas that is creating and supplying a gasoline that sounds like it is somewhere in between standard 91 octane auto fuel and 100LL. They are based in Phoenix. Sounds like potentially a cheaper fuel solution for many of the RVs and other experimentals around Vegas and the southwest. Does anybody have any direct experience with Airworthy Autogas? What I really want to know is, is it significantly cheaper than 100LL in the real world? If so, how can I get me some of that?

Last edited:
Jordan ? not good news! Do you know if other airports in the valley (e.g., HND & VGT) use the same 100LL supplier, and will therefore be experiencing the same problem (price increase)?

Good News!

Local ARCO station sells 91 octane, it's certainly airworthy for my RV-10.
and dozens of other Rv pilots who have been using 91 octane for years.

If you are talking about "certified airworthy autogas" well, don't hold your breath and if you do find it, it'll cost just about as much as 100LL.

In the meantime you can join the large number of RV pilots who use 91 octane mogas, with or without ethanol and get on with your flying.

Ask Turbo what he has used to accumulate 4000 hours in his RV.