ppilotmike

Well Known Member
For those VAFers that are going to Osh for the first time this year, remember it's a big place! Below is a link to the map of the grounds:
http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/planyourtrip/av15_visitorsmap.pdf
Question for those in the know: I just realized that I have never seen a map of the Airventure Sea Base, not even a blow-up caption of it on the main grounds map. Why is this? Don't get me wrong, I like that it is a peaceful place to visit, but why woudn't EAA want to at least alert people to its whereabouts and/or the layout of buildings and services. It seems like every year, there is less and less happening out at the old Sea Base...:(

For those VAFers that are going to Osh for the first time this year, remember it's a big place! Below is a link to the map of the grounds:
http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/planyourtrip/av15_visitorsmap.pdf
Question for those in the know: I just realized that I have never seen a map of the Airventure Sea Base, not even a blow-up caption of it on the main grounds map. Why is this? Don't get me wrong, I like that it is a peaceful place to visit, but why woudn't EAA want to at least alert people to its whereabouts and/or the layout of buildings and services. It seems like every year, there is less and less happening out at the old Sea Base...:(
Shhhh..... that's the beauty of it.

The seaplane base is a great peaceful place to visit, especially in the afternoon to escape the heat. I make it a point to go there at least one day each year to have lunch and enjoy the ambiance there as a relaxing escape from the activity of the main grounds.

Last edited:
The seaplane base is a great peaceful place to visit, especially in the afternoon to escape the heat. I make it a point to go there at least one day each year to have lunch and enjoy the ambiance there as a relaxing escape from the activity of the main grounds.

Exacty. Me too. I just can't help but wonder: Why doesn't EAA do a little more to let people know about it its existence? Don't we want to support amphibious/seaplane aviation as well?