RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I left early for Oshkosh this year. Stopping to visit my parents on the way. I am sure that many use airnav.com to check fuel prices but that some do not. I found and stopped at at place that had 100LL AvGAS for less than I paid for unleaded auto fuel for the curtersy car in North Texas. Want to let others know that 100LL is available for $3.28 at (KMBY) Moberly, MO. (between Kansas City and St Louis).

This may be a good stop for all the RV heading to OSH from Texas. Pro. Cheap Fuel. Con. Back taxi for takeoff.

For anyone coming up from the South, I recommend Dixie Chopper Air at the Putnam County airoport (4I7). They have the lowest fuel prices in Indiana and they have great service as well. There's a cafe in the FBO building so you can fill up twice!

Fuel

For those who will be coming from the east, southeast, south to fly around O'Hare, you may want to stop at Clow International. (1c5) Fuel yesterday was $3.86 plus tax, full service. The food is good at Charlie's, the on field restaurant. Oshkosh is only 50 min. north in an RV-6. (if ya go slow.) But be forwarned, don't mess with "Buddy" the watch cat at the FBO. You may wind up scratching his chin for awhile.
Rich
RV-6 N721ET

Courtesy Car

Have to check out the courtesy car at MBY. It is great. Don't go over 55 in that bad boy. Next stop after that is Clinton IA.

Have a safe one and we will see ya all up there.
IFR this year. I FLY ROADS>>>>>>