bjb3013

Well Known Member
Went fly today and found my ASI DOA. Way off and slow to react.
I will check out the pitot and static lines in the morning. If that is not the problem I need recommendations on where to send it for OH or IRAN.
Thanks
BB

Check For Obstruction

Went fly today and found my ASI DOA. Way off and slow to react.
I will check out the pitot and static lines in the morning. If that is not the problem I need recommendations on where to send it for OH or IRAN.
Thanks
BB

BB,
At this time of year and with the indications you stated, a obstructed pitot would be my first suspicion.
Disconnect the pitot line at the ASI (make sure you get the pitot line, not the static). Have a helper hold a clean paper towel or shop rag over the pitot tube inlet (lacking any help, use a tie wrap to secure the rag). Using an air nozzle, apply air (10 PSI max) to the line from the ASI end. Go look in the rag for a bug or it's debris. If it seems like you are not getting any flow, carefully insert a wire or piece of welding rod to probe for an obstruction, then try blowing it out again in the rag.
I assume from your post that all static instruments were operating nominally, so that eliminates a plugged static port.
What is your location? There are instrument repair facilities everywhere, so it would help to know where you are.
Good luck!

Last edited:
I would start with just removing the airspeed probe if possible and check it (visual inspection first of course). If that is clear then do as Mark suggests.