KitfoxJoe

Hello All
In the next three months I will begin to work on my panel. I plan on going with a dynon skyveiw system. My question is how good are the airshow prices? Sun and Fun would be right about the time I am working on the panel. Would it be worth it to buy at the show? Thoughts, comments. Thanks Joe

I got my Skyview system at OSH and found most were offering a discount. I think it was something like 5% which when you are spending $10k or so is real money. All also included shipping at no charge.

Pricing

I just bought an AF5600T unit but went right to the factory so I could get my hands on the units. I don't know if you are aware that Dynon now owns Advanced Flight Systems, so if you find them at an airshow or have time to go to the factory in Canby OR. Rob spent over an hour with me going over all the features of the Skyview and the AFS units and they were powered up side by side so once I saw them side by side it was easy to make the call on which one to get. I removed a D100 so was pleased with DYnon and was planning on a Skyview system to replace it, but when I had them side by side the AFS 5000 series stood out as the better unit in my opinion and made it an easy call. You may have a different opinion but if you have time to make the trip to the factory in Canby or catch them at an airshow it will be time well spent. As for pricing Rob gave me discounts on almost every thing but the screen itself, so wound up saving money over buying on the internet, I suspect the deal would be similar at an airshow event. Good luck with your decision which ever way you go I am sure you will be happy they are both nice units.

One thing to keep in mind when buying at Sun & Fun is that you will most likely be paying Florida sales tax which is kind of steep. One thing you can do sometimes is to ask if you can buy it for the same price the next week direct.

One thing to keep in mind when buying at Sun & Fun is that you will most likely be paying Florida sales tax which is kind of steep. One thing you can do sometimes is to ask if you can buy it for the same price the next week direct.

You only pay FL sales tax on things that you take delivery on at the show. On avionics you won't be taking delivery at the show.

I don't know if you are aware that Dynon now owns Advanced Flight Systems, so if you find them at an airshow or have time to go to the factory in Canby OR. Rob spent over an hour with me going over all the features of the Skyview and the AFS units and they were powered up side by side so once I saw them side by side it was easy to make the call on which one to get.

I'm not disagreeing with your decision, but you have to factor in that Rob is selling AFS, not Dynon, so him showing them to you side by side is not an impartial comparison, so most people receiving that sales pitch (called demo comparison) would likely go with AFS. To the OP, I would recommend you look at all of the options, but go to someone who doesn't care which you choose to make your final decision. Dynon rarely, if ever, does a show discount to my knowledge. Garmin may, but not likely, and I don't think they sell direct anyway. AFS may do it any time without a show. I'm not sure about GRT.

I would recommend that you go somewhere where you can see some demos and can get the explanation of the difference or at least 2-3 of the systems and make your call based on that.