LynnHall

I am looking for sources for display materials that could be used in the upcoming (May) air show here in Columbus GA. I wondered if someone might have some ideas on that.

The newly formed EAA chapter will have a tent and a couple of airplanes on static display during the "Thunder in the Valley" air show. We can expect about 15 to 20 thousand paid admissions over the two day event. We certainly want to promote aviation, building and personally, I am a big Van's aircraft supporter.

Thank you for any ideas you might have!!
Lynn Hall
RV-9a (N554LH, flying)

Maybe you want to contact Mitch Lock...

...at Van's Aircraft. He may be willing to fly down with Van's blue RV-12 demonstrator.

Mitch was at our Chapter event last month, and we had a great turn out to see the -12.

EAA and AOPA

Call the EAA and AOPA and they will send you whatever you need. They sent me a couple boxes of brochures and magazines for free.

-David

good ideas

Good ideas, I am following up on them.

Van's may be able to send one of their demo airplanes. I will certainly post that information if it works out. They seemed very happy to come out, I just need to make sure that the organizers allocate/approve a display space.

I had that date wrong in my opening post the correct day is March 20/21 at CSG (Columbus, GA). I hope some of you are able to attend.

http://www.thunderinthevalleyairshow.com/

thanks,
Lynn Hall

Tent ideas...

If you are trying to promote homebuilding, try these really simple and cost-effective ideas:

- Call Kitplanes Magazine and see if they'll send you a bundle of back issues or anything they have laying around as a donation. Do the same with EAA for the Sport Aviation mag(s).

- Setup a laptop with a large monitor and run a loop of the EAA "Tips for Homebuilders" videos from the EAA website.

- Put together a large poster or photo book of all the flying RV's to promote the idea that "experimental" doesn't mean "one off" (well, you know what I mean). If you search VAF, you should find a link to someone who's been collecting images.

- Talk to a local builder and see if he or she'd be willing to bring out some sheet metal tools and some scrap to demo the assembly process. Let some of the visitors try bucking some rivets or dimping with a hand squeezer. (If a local builder is REALLY cool, they'll bring out a work-in-progress subassembly like a fuse or a wing!!)

Good luck!