rodrv6

Well Known Member
Whew! On Wednesday we finally got N164ME moved to Cherokee County Airport! At least part of it :) The wings are still in my basement........
I've been ready to move it up there for a year or so, but a couple of other projects had kinda gotten in the way--doing work on a B-17 and converting a P-40 into a two seater :D www.libertyfoundation.org
I should get the rest moved up in the next week or so, then I can put it all together and see about flying this thing!
The basement is sure looking empty, though...........

RIGHT BEHIND YOU?

I've got the wings on, with hardware bolts, sitting in the front yard. I'm now working on the fuel tank bracket and fairings, while thinking about that big move to the hangar. Poor old faithful Cessna 172 will have to move outside :(
So when to move? Should I put more wiring in? Etc.
Maybe the C-172 will stay inside over the winter :)

Whew! On Wednesday we finally got N164ME moved to Cherokee County Airport! At least part of it :) The wings are still in my basement........
I've been ready to move it up there for a year or so, but a couple of other projects had kinda gotten in the way--doing work on a B-17 and converting a P-40 into a two seater :D www.libertyfoundation.org
I should get the rest moved up in the next week or so, then I can put it all together and see about flying this thing!
The basement is sure looking empty, though...........

what's the hangar pricing up there?

I'm not sure about hangar pricing--I'm sharing with a friend in return for doing work on his fleet--a Bonanza, T-6, and a Stearman.

Congrats, this is absolutely exciting.
I was just in GA last week and that is airport that had my plane tied down for a week, Cherokee airport. A very nice airport with a beautiful terminal, friendly staff and not a bad price for gas. They were talking about the plan for building a bunch new hangers and extending the taxi way.

Anyway, congrats again.