southtarnation

Well Known Member
I was going to have someone who lives at an airpark do some work on my rv. I called ahead to the airport manager and inquired about a tie down for a few days. When he asked "why?" I said I was having an annual done there. The guy then said "NOT ON MY PROPERTY!!! WHO? WHO? WHO?".
I said ok, thanks bye.

The airport is an airpark, lic by the state of FL as a public use airport.

Is this guy just being a jerk or is that a common rule? I searched the forums and his airparks websites bilaws and regs. and didnt see anything related.

If the airport is privately owned, and does not receive federal funding, he can set pretty much any rules he wants.

Yes... but if he...

If the airport is privately owned, and does not receive federal funding, he can set pretty much any rules he wants.

...is the airport manager, then "my property" is just the common area, not your friends personal property.

If you were going to do the work on the ramp, than that is a fairly common rule.

You need to clarify the airpark rules with your friend, and where the work is going to be done.

What Gil said

In our airpark, the rules say no working on a plane if it will leave parts laying around outside.

Working on the plane inside the hangar has not been a problem.

As was said above, who owns what is going to be a part of the equation.

Certain airparks have rules about which lots are allowed to have commerical businesses....so possibly your friend has a residential lot in which he is now running a business out of. this tends to upset the folks who bought commerical lots thinking they wouldn't have competition next door.

As an airstip owner

The law in my state says basically if I charge money, I can be held to account. When I let a tenant run a buisness out of here, it opens the door for all their customers to be a problem for me. So I don't do that. We do have a comercial lot, and I would expect anyone running a maintenance buisness to have insurance that would protect my intrest. Make sense?

Is this guy just being a jerk or is that a common rule? I searched the forums and his airparks websites bilaws and regs. and didnt see anything related.

No. He is being a huge tool bag. Every group has an dingaling and when the group gets big enough the dingalings form a committee. Call your buddy and take your plane. Remember the 98% rule and fly safe.

That one person does not dictate what happens to the other 99.8% of dues paid at the HOA.

If your friend live there and pays dues, he is part owner, you have the owners permission.

Last edited by a moderator: