N91CZ

Well Known Member
I am trying to learn as much as I can about the nature of typical 'through the fence' access agreements at airparks including access fees, if any. At our local airport, we have 24 homes with taxiway access, but only two are currently occupied by pilots. We are considering becoming number three. There is a new airport manager who is not a pilot and new to aviation. I am trying to avoid unreasonable and atypical policies being put in place.
Any details you could share about individual airparks would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Varies

You will find that Airpark and TTF(thru-the-fence) policies vary widely, even in the same state. As a past Airport Boardmember, I recently tried to get a TTF agreement for a small recreational strip(8U9) in Montana. I had opposition from many directions, but was able to work things out. We still don't have a signed lease, but at least everyone has agreed that TTF is a good thing for the area and good for aviation. I had to get help from Montana Department of Aeronautics. I used their generic TTF agreement as a template and modified it to fit Canyon Ferry. I can email you copies if you need. Another item I used to help convince County Commissioners and others was information & nice overhead view of Independence Airpark courtesy of Bill W.
Many people told me the FAA will not allow TTF and will withhold funding. WRONG! They(FAA) may not like TTF, but cannot limit funds based on having a TTF agreement. Contact your AOPA rep if you need more help.

Let me know if you need any help.

I live adjacent to a privately owned airport with hanagr space for about 100 airplanes. Some share large hangars, some are in individual T hangars. A lot of the T Hangars are personally owned with a long term lease agreement for the property they sit on. All of the personally owned hangars pay a monthy access fee of $50 to go towards upkeep and maint. of the airport property (sort of like a homeowners association).
I and three other property owners with property adjacent to the airport have access acrossed a county road, on to the airport property. We pay the same $50/month access fee, which has been likened to the minimum fee (outside tiedown) that we could otherwise be paying to have an airplane based at the airport and have general use of the facility.
My access is a recorded easment from my property to the airport property. In my opinion this is very important. You don't want to spend a bunch of money building a hangar and then have something happen that someone decides they don't like the idea of you using the airport any longer.

hydroguy2 said:
You will find that Airpark and TTF(thru-the-fence) policies vary widely, even in the same state. As a past Airport Boardmember, I recently tried to get a TTF agreement for a small recreational strip(8U9) in Montana. I had opposition from many directions, but was able to work things out. We still don't have a signed lease, but at least everyone has agreed that TTF is a good thing for the area and good for aviation. I had to get help from Montana Department of Aeronautics. I used their generic TTF agreement as a template and modified it to fit Canyon Ferry. I can email you copies if you need. Another item I used to help convince County Commissioners and others was information & nice overhead view of Independence Airpark courtesy of Bill W.
Many people told me the FAA will not allow TTF and will withhold funding. WRONG! They(FAA) may not like TTF, but cannot limit funds based on having a TTF agreement. Contact your AOPA rep if you need more help.

Let me know if you need any help.

Brian,
I would appreciate getting a copy of your agreement. Our airport management is open to us helping guide the process, so the more sample data points I can gather the easier the job will be.
You can use: [email protected]
thanks,
Chris

rvbuilder2002 said:
I live adjacent to a privately owned airport with hanagr space for about 100 airplanes. Some share large hangars, some are in individual T hangars. A lot of the T Hangars are personally owned with a long term lease agreement for the property they sit on. All of the personally owned hangars pay a monthy access fee of $50 to go towards upkeep and maint. of the airport property (sort of like a homeowners association).
I and three other property owners with property adjacent to the airport have access acrossed a county road, on to the airport property. We pay the same $50/month access fee, which has been likened to the minimum fee (outside tiedown) that we could otherwise be paying to have an airplane based at the airport and have general use of the facility.
My access is a recorded easment from my property to the airport property. In my opinion this is very important. You don't want to spend a bunch of money building a hangar and then have something happen that someone decides they don't like the idea of you using the airport any longer.

Scott,
Would it be posibble to get copies of any of these agreements to use as templates. We are in a position to help create the agreement for our airport and the more expamples I can gather together the easier this will be for us.
You can use: [email protected]
thanks,
Chris