scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I wish!!
I don't have the luxury or $$ to live on the airpark, but my airplane does. I'm particularly entertained that I can watch APRS while my airplane is out doing some airshow formation practice (we have a bridge out on a nowhere road that is show center).
Coming off of the field I hear 2 launch, a little bit of 'extra' throttle jockying nearly right over the house as 2 comes aboard and I'm working on closing out my day of 'real' work with a beer in hand. I look out the back window from about a mile away, yep, kicked out to route on downwind, in good hands.
For the next 25 minutes (almost enough for two whole shows), that bridge is getting a very good workout at 500'. Here comes the setup for the bomb burst! And its recovery looks pretty smooth from my seat on APRS TV. A little more wing work and here they come, RTB.
I put the work computer down and put on my sunglasses to step out on the back deck. Within a couple of moments I see two dots in the sky turn into airplanes on a .5 mile initial, about 3 miles from me. There is the break, a three second count and those big -9 wings present their full glory! There is no cold side here such that the airplane actually survives without effort. Ahh, there is the -9 whistle as the power is pulled off in the break.

I love my whistling airplane real well, but I Love my Wife out spooling up for the airshow season much more!

I won't bother posting an aprs picture, you can go look for yourself if you would like to see what it looks like. Those dots are VERY close together.

Watch APRS TV sometime after 1pm CDT this Sunday for the Temple, TX airshow! Next weekend will be Corsicana, and maybe Cookie's debut on the airshow circuit while I give commentary on the ground for her family.