mikegraycmg

Well Known Member
I just thought that I'd announce to all that I am, as of today, a certificated FAA mechanic with an Airframe rating. Hopefully, the P will follow, this summer.

Congratulations Mike

I keeping thinking about moving to the Dallas area to attend TCC. I think it was a post from you that prompted me to go visit them - I was very impressed.

Do you know if they will let you do the "P" first?

That is fantastic. Were you able to get the required experience while working full-time as a lawyer? If so, how?

Thanks

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words. To answer Rick's question -- yes, you can do powerplant first. If you are interested in going to TCC, call me and I'll be happy to help, if I can. 469-386-7385.

As to how I managed to do it and make a living, the answer's fairly simple:I didn't (make a living, that is). I scaled back my practice considerably, and with the economy the way it is, that was no problem. Reducing expenses helped, a lot. As a matter of fact, the economy has pretty much made sure that my practice has scaled back whether I wanted to or not. Thirty years of practicing law, though, has made me OK with that. Time to do something else.

Very impressive...

...what the RV gentlemen/ladies on here do to achieve their goals. It never ceases to amaze me what the human mind is capable of!

Congrats,

Congratulations. I admire people who have the courage to leave a well-established career to start a new one... it is not an easy thing to do (I've thought about it, but the Golden Handcuffs keep me firmly anchored to my desk).
You must be very excited!