wera710

Well Known Member
Is there a specific source for all the Army Air Corp or Airforce insignia (stars and bars) we see on RV-8s, or are these made up by local shops on an individual basis?

My 8 is white with Red and Blue stripes. So WWII theme is out for now. But a post war star & bar set would look pretty good (ala trainer or '76 version of the demo F-16). However, I can not seem to find anyone making them online. Figured before I ask a local shop to custom make them, I'd check with VAF for options.

Thanks!

Try Vince Frazier

Vince made my stuff and was very good to work with. www.vincesrocket.com/graphics.htm

2647598104_d1ca36d0f0.jpg

2647597978_3d4bb10c2b.jpg

Are there limitations?

Are there any limitations as to what you can put on an aircraft when it comes to military insignia?

Thanks everyone. I looked around Aircraft Spruce in the past and must have completely missed it.

As far as limits, probably not important on civilian aircraft. I used to restore military vehicles and the only thing they wanted to see was POV (privately owned, or personally owned vehicle) in your windshield if going to a display on a military base. Kinda pointless in the air. But I am sure someone out there has better info.

I think the FAA simply cares soley about the correct placement and size of your N-number more than they do if you have a WWII or post war paint theme.

Decal Source

Try Steve Graves,
He came highly recommended to me and was great to work with. Just another option and I know he has done many models of RV's. He seemed to know exactly what I was looking for.
Good Luck,

http://www.HigherGRAPHICS.com

Toll Free 866-683-6297
Fax 813-343-2360