drmax

Well Known Member
Hello. Once of ya's have a p/n for my 9A, eng o-320-D1A carb MA4SPA?
I think the prior owner has cleaned it with K&N 99-5000. I think I'll just go it with a new one for my 1st inspection. Thx, DM

cleaner oil

O-320 Filter Element
Part Number = E-3260
Price = $32.00
Quantity

Say, do you happed to know how often I guy can clean this filter with the KN 99-5000 stuff? I may just keep using this on the filter, if this is it's purpose. I'm guess the filter is 8 yrs old.

I highly recommend that you pause and get some help with your first time through these simple maintenance tasks.

Modification may be required

Note that you may have to modify your new air filter by cutting out a section and applying tank sealant to make it fit around the accelerator pump protrusion. At least I had to do that for fitting to our MA4-SPA carb.

If you clean the filter per the instructions (not use of compressed or forced air for drying the media, recommended cleaning products and procedure, etc), then your filter should have a very long life according to the manufacturer.

Agree that it would be beneficial to seek help and guidance the first time around.

I highly recommend that you pause and get some help with your first time through these simple maintenance tasks.
have a neighbor who's helping me ck timing and compression. I work on jets for a living so I'll get through the rest.

Note that you may have to modify your new air filter by cutting out a section and applying tank sealant to make it fit around the accelerator pump protrusion. At least I had to do that for fitting to our MA4-SPA carb.

If you clean the filter per the instructions (not use of compressed or forced air for drying the media, recommended cleaning products and procedure, etc), then your filter should have a very long life according to the manufacturer.

Agree that it would be beneficial to seek help and guidance the first time around.
I may just get some cleaner and go this route. I did see where this filter was modified with some sealant. thx