xorb

Aircraft Specialty & TS Flightlines

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I looked-up "customer service" in the dictionary and saw mention of these two (Tom & Steve) and their companies.

Together they offer a custom brake and fuel line package for the RV14A. I chose to order the fuel line package which comprises three hard-lines and one flex.

Happy to be picking up the package, my heart sunk when I was presented with a plastic bag at our Canada Post outlet, containing an opened and crushed box with the words "We sincerely regret that your mail item is damaged....." written on it.

Ultimately two of the hard lines were missing and the third was more than a bit twisted. Canada Post insisted that any claim for damage had to be initiated by the sender and so on Friday morning I sent Tom an email with some pictures and a description of what had arrived. I'm sure it was within the hour that I had a response from Tom that was to the effect of "Don't fear" we will take care of you...

And that they did! the email was followed up with a phone call, then before the end of day a shipping notification that a package was on its way, this time from Aircraft Specialty. In record time, two business days from sending, the box arrived, this time in perfect shape and with three immaculately made hard lines.

The experience of ordering from these two couldn't have been better, on top of which is the quality of their work. I look forward to working with them in respect of the brake lines when the time comes !

-Darin

Last edited:
Just received my panel blanks from Van's yesterday that I had been waiting all week for. got out to the hangar with them and noticed that bag you were referring to. Luckly no damage , just the ends breaking thru the box.
I also had great service from Tom and Steve. I have to install a gascolator and will need two more hoses once I get the lengths.

Steve of Aircraft Specialty bent over backwards to help me get our fuel and oil lines done right. I would gladly recommend his company's products to anybody, if for no reason other than the excellent service provided.

One fuel line required a particularly critical length and orientation of connectors; Steve sent me sample connectors and hose, had me actually fabricate the hose myself with these test parts, and once it fit perfectly, use safety wire clamps to hold the fittings in place while I marked the indexing of the fittings with Sharpie. I returned my buckshee hose to Steve and he then made up the "real" one, covered it in fancy fire sleeve and shipped it out in less than 48 hours. When the new hose arrived I installed it and found it fit absolutely perfectly. It's a shame an item of such perfection is buried in the innards of the airplane.

Great product, even better service.