Louise Hose

Well Known Member
We have been so busy building that I fear we didn't start planning the registration process early enough. When I looked into it this week, the directions say to expect up to 90 days for a return on the registration. Working for the federal government, I know that could mean more like 6 months. :eek::eek:

Would anyone with recent experience (like the last 6 months) share how long it took to receive their new aircraft registration?

Secondly, would anyone like to share their experience using an expedite service?

Thanks!

Registration

King title in Mustang OK (near Oklahoma City) or any of the other title companys nearby will expedite FAA paperwqork for a modest fee. 405-376-5055 for King

3 days...$80

I used Aerospacereports.com...overnighted them the paperwork on a Monday and I got the flywire by Wednesday. The actual card came a couple of days later. About the best $80 that I spent!

< month

Mine, back in June of this year, took less than a month. More like 3 weeks, without looking it up. Just using the normal process and regular mail.

Gordon

7 days, regular mail

Don't bother paying anyone.
I mailed mine on Friday two weeks ago, normal mail. Had the postcard registration back in 7 days, maybe 8 tops. They seem to be on top of things as far as a/c registrations go. Just make sure your paperwork is filled out correctly.

Two weeks tops. I just sent it in to the FAA. The hard part was getting the form from the FAA. I had to call the FSDO and they mailed it to me (took a couple of days).

If everything is filled out correctly, should be no more than a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
After we obtained our N number (on-line, over night) it took about 5 days with the FAA. Make sure you follow the directions in the AC and remember to send the check. I forgot to send the check.
Phelps

8 days to registration

Another data point.......

We snail mailed Junior's registration into Oklahoma on October 18th and the registration was issued on October 26th (according to their website). No facilitator. Haven't received the paperwork yet.

I'm surprised and delighted. Mel, looks like we'll be calling you real soon. At least, we hope! :D

The fast registration turn continues

I sent mine in certified mail so that I could confirm receipt by the FAA. (So I could watch the "We are working on registrations received X date on the website)
It was delivered Oct 31. I got my registration card back via first class post on Nov 5. They must have processed it in just a day or two.

Now the conundrum... How much ahead of being finished should I send in for airworthiness, inspection et al? Do I trust my planned schedule? Hmmm.... Definitely need fat in the plan. I haven't been on time yet. :(

Now the conundrum... How much ahead of being finished should I send in for airworthiness, inspection et al? Do I trust my planned schedule? Hmmm.... Definitely need fat in the plan. I haven't been on time yet. :(

Well, one measurement is that you need to have it weighed before the inspection, and you want to have all of the components in place when you weigh it. Leave a few "spit and polish" things to do once you get everything on-board, weigh it, schedule your inspection, and work on the little details while you wait.

Of course, it depends on if you are going to use the FSDO or a DAR, and what your local "lead time" is....

Paul

Thanks Paul,
Those hints from experience let me easily figure my paperwork submission schedule. Full assy for weighing at the airport is likely to occur between christmas and the new year.

Gives me time to read the rules and get my documents in order.

YEP!

Engine should have been run on the airframe at least enough to determine leaks and engine instrument operation.

Do all engine controls operate properly? throttle, mixture, carb heat/alt air, prop, etc.

Is oil pressure normal?