Maule

Hello all,

Looking for an aircraft painter in the Pacific Northwest, Idaho, California region. Trying to stay West Coast. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Scott

Flying Kolors in...

...Riverside CA has done many RVs and likes working with homebuilders.

T&P Aero Refinishers at airport in Salinas Ca. He has painted many RVs and does Xlint work and great to work with. Ph 831 4226158. He painted my 10 and did a Xlint job.

Yerington (O43)

Saw a really fabulous RV paint job at Oshkosh that was done at Yerington, NV.

There are about 5 planes at my airport that were painted in Yerington, includng a friends RV-6A that should be rolling out of the paint booth any day now. The quality of the work is really good, and the cost seem very reasonable.
Here the Airnav link for Yerington. The paint shop is not listed, but I believe that you can use the number for the airport authorities to find it. Good luck!

http://www.airnav.com/airport/O43

Thanks for the info. I will make contact with T&P and Yerington. It is good to know that both come highly recommended.

Did the paint shops do the flight control removal etc or did they have you the owner do removal and assembly? Thanks, Scott

Sunquest Air Specialties - KPAE: Report Coming Soon

Well, my -6 just went into the hangar at Sunquest and should be done my early/mid-January, so I can report back at that time. They asked me to remove all the bits and pieces, which I did not mind doing, and I'll put them back on when things are done.

Matthews

Here is the contact information on Matthews: Matthews & Brunke Aviation aircraft painters, 600 Airport Way, Yerington, NV 89447, 775-463-9470.

My plane was painted by Matthews two years ago. The quote was $5K including 10 hours glass work , but the bill ran $6.4K for Dupont Imron and extra glass work. The final product was fair, and I wish I had gone to Juan at T&P in Salinas. Juan tends to run $2K higher.
Leland

I have actually met the guys at Burns airport a few years back and had forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder.
These are all great recommendations....Scott