RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Gents, when I started building many years ago I found and downloaded a nice softcopy AIRCRAFT HARDWARE REFERENCE CHART.

Now that I am helping 9 other guys in a group assemble a RV12, I am looking for that Chart again for reference for the newbies, but for my life of it I cant find it online to print them a copy.

Can you guys help me with a link or two? or Email me your file.

Thanks in advance
Rudi

AC 43.13-1b

Rudi,
Have you seen Chapter 7 of AC 43.13-1B? Free download on-line from the FAA site. Everything you want to know about aviation hardware (and more).

Rudi,

Starting on page 7-49 Section 11 "HARDWARE IDENTIFICATION TABLES" found in AC43.13-1B contains an extensive hardware listing spanning several pages.

55qng9.jpg

Look this up for free!

Go to my companies site http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com

On the left side you can look things up by category.

To see the information on thousands of aircraft hardware items, click on the little wrench's that are labeled TECH INFO.

Anyone can look tech info documents up for free anytime.:)
The commerce portion only will sell direct to USA and Canada.

For International Sales contact Julie mailto:[email protected]

Genuine Aircraft Hardware also has a book (catalog?) that I've found to be the most valuable hardware reference in my hangar, and I have a bunch of them. Most useful, especially to an aircraft hardware newbie (but experienced engineering hardware aficionado) like myself.

Rudi,
Have you seen Chapter 7 of AC 43.13-1B? Free download on-line from the FAA site. Everything you want to know about aviation hardware (and more).

Rudi,
Here is the link that Don refers to above. You should know better than not to bookmark important stuff like this. Better yet, download all the chapters and keep them on your hard drive. Also put a copy on either a DVD or a flash drive so you can have this info handy while flying away from home. I keep this, the Lycoming O/H manual [and more], Bendix manuals, & Hartzell manuals on my flash drive when I fly. Most FBOs have a pilot's lounge with a computer you can use to access the info when trouble strikes far from home.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulator...99C827DB9BAAC81B86256B4500596C4E?OpenDocument

Charlie

Rudi,
Here is the link that Don refers to above. You should know better than not to bookmark important stuff like this. Better yet, download all the chapters and keep them on your hard drive. Also put a copy on either a DVD or a flash drive so you can have this info handy while flying away from home. I keep this, the Lycoming O/H manual [and more], Bendix manuals, & Hartzell manuals on my flash drive when I fly. Most FBOs have a pilot's lounge with a computer you can use to access the info when trouble strikes far from home.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulator...99C827DB9BAAC81B86256B4500596C4E?OpenDocument

Charlie

Yet another good idea, thanks. Since I already have a bunch of that stuff on this computer, I just dragged it to a USB stick. Easy, done.

Lars,
I bought the book. Don't see that chart anywhere. What am I missing? With the chart you can spec any bolt or interpret the spec of any bolt from the simple chart. It's so simple with a listing of the various places in the letter/number sequence and what they mean. Can be on 1/2 a page......:)
I put mine on the door of my upper cabinet over the bench along with the standard torque chart and a couple others. Don't have to look anywhere else.