dave4754

Well Known Member
Well i bit the bullet and decided that i would install the Aircraft Extras FPS system with trim control.

Hooked up all the wires and nothing.! So typical of building this thing.. and no one to ask anything as most of everyone like ACS has people who sell things and know nothing about it.

So i will ask here and yes i have checked the archives with searches so please no flames.

The unit was hooked up as per diagram with a SPDT switch, the common wires wear grounded to a forest ground from the firewall so ground was good.

The unit will make a clicking noise but no action at the flap motor. I only have two wires coming from the Vans supplied electric flap kit, yet in the FPS schematic it appears that a power wire is needed.

Would anyone here have any idea why this latest "gizmo" wont work?

Well i bit the bullet and decided that i would install the Aircraft Extras FPS system with trim control.

Hooked up all the wires and nothing.! So typical of building this thing.. and no one to ask anything as most of everyone like ACS has people who sell things and know nothing about it.

So i will ask here and yes i have checked the archives with searches so please no flames.

The unit was hooked up as per diagram with a SPDT switch, the common wires wear grounded to a forest ground from the firewall so ground was good.

The unit will make a clicking noise but no action at the flap motor. I only have two wires coming from the Vans supplied electric flap kit, yet in the FPS schematic it appears that a power wire is needed.

Would anyone here have any idea why this latest "gizmo" wont work?

I would definitely start with including a power wire...... http://www.aircraftextras.com/FPS-Plus-Tech.htm

Last edited:
Sour grapes

My apologies to the group for me earlier post. So frustrating when you follow all the instructions and things dont work though.

I have installed the power wire and it still does not work.

what is the need for this relay they talk about? I only want one switch on the dash but perhaps i need this relay?

Got it!

Well when the car breaks down on the side of he road. What is the first thing you should do?

Check the gas ... right?

Well the battery that i was using to power up systems and operate the flaps was too low to operate the flaps.

The system works fine now as per the schematic diagram and instructions.

Humility is certainly a lesson in building this thing as well .... n'cest pas?

Thanks for the help:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: