BigJohn

Well Known Member
I recently realized that I have to procure maintenance logbooks to keep for the airplane going forward. Anybody have any recommendations of such logbooks, their suitability, and where you ordered them from?

I recently realized that I have to procure maintenance logbooks to keep for the airplane going forward. Anybody have any recommendations of such logbooks, their suitability, and where you ordered them from?

Big John,
For the engine you may want to consider using the logbook that was supplied by Rotax with your engine, and save a couple bucks ;).

Tony

I chose to maintain 2 logbooks. One for the airframe, engine and prop and the other for the avionics. If I build another, because we are experimental, think I would go with 1 logbook.

Logs

I just continued to use my pilot logbook, bought another logbook for the airframe, and am using the Rotax logbook that came with the engine. Will log my pro in one of the last two.

Wayne 120241

One or two loose-leaf 3 ring binders with tab separators. This was advised at the LSA course.

Thanks for the input guys. Would you believe I completely forgot about the logbook that came from Rotax with the engine? Not sure I want to use it however, since its first language seems to be German - with English subtitles!

I have used the AdLog system with previous airplanes, but I think that is overkill for this one. Maybe I will just set up a loose leaf with sections, as suggested. Thanks again for the ideas.