Geico266

Well Known Member
There was a thread a while ago about using airplane building skills around the house.

Does this count?:D

Crib.JPG

Yes, it's true, my real passion is dolls. :eek:

The grand kids were happy.

;)

Larry,
I sold a "work" car years ago that I had repaired the driver's outside mirror. Two years and a couple of owners later I got a phone call asking if I was an aircraft mechanic. He told me that the repair seemed to be done with aircraft rivets and to aircraft standards.

My daughter needed a mousetrap driven max distance car for her high school physics class.

We used some modified J stiffeners for the frame and riveted the trap to it.

New drill press came in real handy for lightening holes.

We beat the number two car by 30 feet.

The extra credit for winning the event pushed the class grade and total GPA over the top for Arizona's state scholarship program, and may have paid for a better part of my -10.

Larry,
I sold a "work" car years ago that I had repaired the driver's outside mirror. Two years and a couple of owners later I got a phone call asking if I was an aircraft mechanic. He told me that the repair seemed to be done with aircraft rivets and to aircraft standards.

I heard the guy called back and was complaining that at 65 MPH that car started to rotate! Nice work Mel! :D:D:D

The extra credit for winning the event pushed the class grade and total GPA over the top for Arizona's state scholarship program, and may have paid for a better part of my -10.

Now that was an added benifit of having clecos around the house. ;)

Last edited: