stancaruthers

Well Known Member
I see several ~8's with some beautiful airbrush work near and on the cowl, I want to have something unique painted as well....who would yall suggest contacting in the DFW area.
My bird is P-51 scheme and I need some creative suggestions other than a chick with a G-String

Get the name of the guy that Paul dye use for their 3. Incredible work.

Bob burns
Rv-4 N82rb

alternatives>>>>>

In case you hadn't already thought of it, you can get the artist, whether airbrush or pen and ink, to do the illustration on a flat art board. THis can then be scanned, or photographed at hi-res, and you now have a digital file, that you can print images at any size, ( on clear laminate) apply to your cowl....the edge if cut near the graphic is almost imperceptible...and you can put it on a leather jacket, ball cap, flight gear, banner to hang on the hangar wall.....whatever you like. You can even have them do a few versions of it, some more PC or PG rated, ( I'm thinkin 'vargas' here.....the classic nudes with gauzy flowing garments for modesty, and publication)

I am a big fan of 'real' airbrush art, having dabbled in this field, but sooner or later it fades, weathers, is damaged etc....which was always a disappointment ( on cars primarily). Hangared aircraft are much less likely to suffer this fate of course.

Get the name of the guy that Paul dye use for their 3. Incredible work.

Bob burns
Rv-4 N82rb

John Stahr in Salem Oregon, an airbrushed to the max -8 driver himself...

http://www.stahrdesign.com

I have seen both of these aircraft and they are fantastic artistic works.

John's airplane is a mural that tells a story-------Paul's is an imaginary creature brought to "life".

These two aircraft are outstanding examples of what a talented artist can do to make a vision become a reality.

Pretty sure you would not go wrong with either of these painters.

The issue is, I was thinking around $3500 I could get maybe the Coyote chasing the Roadrunner or something along those lines, $3500 might get one of Bugs Bunny EARS