Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
The timing of my insurance renewal date of May 22 and the Airventure Cup entry dead line of May 31 put me in a squeeze but I finally got the required cert and sent off the entry a week or two ago. The information at the EAA website is inadequate for planning at Dayton. Do any of the participants know the FBO being used? or the hotel that the provided "shuttle" goes to. Hotel rooms are at a premium so I have already "just done it" but there are some other things like rental car that should be able to be organized in a more coordinated way. So, again - does anyone know what hotel they are headquartering at or what FBO they are using?

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Headquarters Hotel

I just talked to Ron Wagner at EAA. He said the race block of rooms is at the Double Tree Guest Suites in Miamisburg, Ohio. The Race Committee has not informed him what FBO is being used so that is still up in the air. A new intern is starting to process the entries today and he intends to send information packages to the entrants after the entry deadline on May 31 - a few days from now. I miss the well oiled Aircraft Spruce Race operation but this will be fine I'm sure. After the flag drops and the brakes are released all the other stuff is a minor memory.

Bob Axsom

Last edited: