Hi all. Just wondering what to do about this vent that the previous owner installed.
It’s in a terrible spot so I’m wondering how to remove and patch/repair

Attachments

• IMG_0634.png
    IMG_0634.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 78
Hi all. Just wondering what to do about this vent that the previous owner installed.
It’s in a terrible spot so I’m wondering how to remove and patch/repair
Why do you consider that a horrible spot? It's one of the best spots for flow on an RV4. I have one on each side of mine. That is a high pressure area. I have an eyeball vent directly on the NACA duct which blows great airflow to the front seat. I have another NACA on the bottom of the right wing a couple bays out that has SCAT tubing to backseat and comes out next to the stick boot.

Why do you consider that a horrible spot? It's one of the best spots for flow on an RV4. I have one on each side of mine. That is a high pressure area. I have an eyeball vent directly on the NACA duct which blows great airflow to the front seat. I have another NACA on the bottom of the right wing a couple bays out that has SCAT tubing to backseat and comes out next to the stick boot.
After further review, yours is farther AFT than mine...do you have one on both sides? What does the inside look like? A flush skin repair could easily be made, buy the best spot to put a new one is a bit forward of where yours is.

Attachments

• 20200531_091135.jpg
    20200531_091135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200412_151532.jpg
    20200412_151532.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
Hey mate, Sory I should have been more specific as to why I said that. I wanto put my switches and CB on that side panel like this but the vent is going to be in the way

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 37
Y
After further review, yours is farther AFT than mine...do you have one on both sides? What does the inside look like? A flush skin repair could easily be made, buy the best spot to put a new one is a bit forward of where yours is.
yeah yours looks in a perfect spot mate!! And I love the look of your CB panel!
Any chance of a pic of that? Looking at ideas and ways to do mine
Yeah mine blows strait on my kidney 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0413.png
    IMG_0413.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Y

I built my 4 and integrated the main CBs into the right side panel . I also have some under the panel edge for non critical items. I don't have a direct shot of the CB panel, but you can see most of it in these pics.

Attachments

• 20180310_143354.jpg
    20180310_143354.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • 20180310_143323.jpg
    20180310_143323.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
I built my 4 and integrated the main CBs into the right side panel . I also have some under the panel edge for non critical items. I don't have a direct shot of the CB panel, but you can see most of it in these pics.
Man that is super tidy!! Looks mint!!! Thanks a heap for that
I’ve never built anything or modified anything so this will be a first with this RV. She just needs finishing off and tidying a few things up. But super happy and it flys beautifully

Attachments

• IMG_6229.jpeg
    IMG_6229.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 20
Found another picture with the side panel removed.

Attachments

• 20220703_084148.jpg
    20220703_084148.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
Y

Looks to me like you have room to put a panel with the switches and wiring above the NACA duct. If you drop a side panel down you could put an eyeball vent on it ducted to the NACA to control the air flow so you wouldn't have to remove the vent. Had one in a similar spot on my 4 and it is is a good location. Just a thought.

Looks to me like you have room to put a panel with the switches and wiring above the NACA duct. If you drop a side panel down you could put an eyeball vent on it ducted to the NACA to control the air flow so you wouldn't have to remove the vent. Had one in a similar spot on my 4 and it is is a good location. Just a thought.
Yeah okay 👌🏻 I’ll have a look when I get down to hangar again. What is the air vent called that you have on yours? That would be perfect

Yeah okay 👌🏻 I’ll have a look when I get down to hangar again. What is the air vent called that you have on yours? That would be perfect
Unfortunately the vent that I had in that location on my 1st 4 is no longer available. I think it was Vetterman that was looking into producing them again but I am not sure what happened with it. On my second 4 I just had 2 of the metal Stein style of vents in the panel.