flickroll

Well Known Member
I'm in the process on connecting Aeroduct tubing from the NACA vent on my -8 to two Stein eyeball vents on the panel (L&R). I did not like the aluminum wye that Spruce and Van's sells as I'd like a different angle than 45 deg coming off the branch. So off I go to the Aviation section of Lowe's to buy some fittings and PVC pipe. Only problem is there is not a good match of sizes between Aeroduct tubing and sched 40 pvc which is what Lowe's sells. So when I got home I Googled sched 20 pipe and up pops central vacuum system tubing and fittings - why didn't I think of that before... I have installed central vac systems in 3 houses over the years and had a scrap piece of pipe left over. The OD of the central vac pipe is almost a perfect match for the ID of the Aeroduct tubing. I say almost because the fit is a little tight, but it does fit. The good news is there is a wide variety of central vac tubing fittings available to configure just about any angle in a branch connection that you may need. FWIW