Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
I have an opportunity here in South Africa to buy a piece of land at an Aero Estate. We don't have many of these around here and I am looking for ideas for the house/hangar combination.

Rules at this Aero Estate are that hangar part should be attached to the house part.

I will greatly appreciate it if some of you can post plan views or photos of your house at your Air Park.
You can also e-mail it to me if you want to. jan"at"tilt-tech.co.za
Thanks a million.

Jan,

I am an RV6A builder and Residential Architect with a passion for airpark development. If you should desire to have a custom home / hangar designed for you, I would love to help you with that. Your home and hangar is a place that should reflect you and be specific to your personal needs and be expressive of who you are. Your unique, finding a picture or plans of someone elses house may simply not be what is best for you.

Jan, I know Kye well...

...since I trained him for his -6....a beautiful piece of work.

I highly recommend him.

Regards,

Kye, Thank you so much for the offer. I agree that it should be something special and I am in now way planning to just copy. I just want some ideas. The distance between us and the difference of building regulations in the USA compared to our regulations here in South Africa might be a problem?

Please e-mail me if you would like to discuss this further with me.
Address is jan"at"tilt-tech.co.za

Many thanks.
Jan.

Jan,

Good luck with your home/hangar.

One thing I have always thought would be cool, depending on the lot / house / hangar / snow load (probably not an issue for you) options is to build a deck on top of the hangar so you can hang out up there and watch the planes come and go.

SNOW:eek:
Bill - I have seen snow once in my life.

Yes the idea is to have a huge deck from where we can enjoy the African sunsets with a cold one.

I will keep you guys posted.